The West Somerset Steam Railway Trust
The Minehead Branch 1848 - 1971
The Minehead Branch 1848 - 1971 by Ian Coleby
392 pages, casebound, dust jacket, 215 x 275mm.
The book covers the line from its inception and construction in the 1850s until its closure in 1971.
It contains more than 350 photographs and probably represents the largest collection of pre-preservation pictures of the railway, including many broad gauge images.
It also includes an extensive and comprehensive narrative, scale drawings of all the structures and buildings and a reproduction of the 2-chain survey redrawn especially for the book.
There are detailed appendices that support the text, including a description of all the block sections, list of more than 600 ex-employees, tables of bridges etc.
If people cannot make it to the station shops at Minehead or Bishops Lydeard, it can be obtained from good book shops, direct from the publishers Lightmoor Press or purchased online on the official WSR website.