The West Somerset Steam Railway Trust
GWR Sleeping Car No 9038
This coach was one of three introduced by the GWR in 1897 to carry First Class passengers between Paddington and the port of Fishguard and the Irish ferry. The coach was in service until 1931.
In 1933 the body was sold and became part of a bungalow, spending the next fifty years under a tiled roof. In 1985 this historic vehicle was rescued and came to the West Somerset Railway for restoration.
With a restored GWR underframe (chassis) and much interior woodwork donated from a coach (No 9039) by the Great Western Society at Didcot, the coach has been restored to 1925 condition by the West Somerset Steam Railway Trust.
The coach is normally open to view in the Gauge Museum at Bishops Lydeard Station.