The West Somerset Steam Railway Trust
The Trust is looking for a new Treasurer
The Trust is looking for a new Treasurer to take over from Chris Bolt during the summer. The Trust has 75 members and we are principally dependent on subscriptions and donations to support our work in running the museums at Blue Anchor and Bishops Lydeard, and in restoring original Great Western carriages at Williton.
The Treasurer would become a Trustee of WSSRT and the tasks involved include:
- Dealing with membership applications and subscriptions.
- Handling donations and legacies.
- Validation and payment of invoices.
- Cash handling and banking.
- Preparation of management accounts for the Board of Trustees.
- Production of annual accounts, and liaison with the accountants who act as our independent examiners.
- Gift Aid return to HMRC.
- Purchase of retail items for BA museum.
The post is unremunerated but offers the chance to be involved in some valuable initiatives to support the West Somerset Railway and the company is very congenial!
Ideally, you will have an accountancy qualification, or experience in this role professionally or for another charity. If this appeals to you please contact Chris Austin to discuss further, (email@example.com)
Posted on 16 June 2018 by Admin